- If they are a regular customer
- To receive discounts and special offers
- As part of a promotion
- To receive expert advice
What information should I collect?
We highly recommend you collect at least the basics i.e. name, email, phone number and address or location. However, you may want to consider gathering information that helps you send more personalised and targeted communication.
- Demographics: age, gender and profession.
- Spending habits: if you know what, when and how often they buy, you’ll know which products and services they want to hear about.
Before contacting your customers, make sure you understand the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, which covers email, fax, instant messaging and text. The Department of Internal Affairs has fantastic, easily understood information for businesses to help you comply.
Essentially, you must have permission to contact your customer. Any commercial message must clearly identify your business, advise how you can be contacted and have an easy to use unsubscribe function.
- Appointment reminders
- Reminders that maintenance is due
- Staff updates, training and personal or professional achievements
- Expert advice
- To hear about a new or existing product or service
- Information on loyalty rewards
- Promotions or offers
- Sale announcements
- Invitations to in store events
- Ask for feedback or reviews
For Buzz Marketing clients it's incredibly easy to grow your database.
We will meet with you to help you focus on improving and growing your customer database. Michelle will write copy and design graphics to help your marketing options. Once you've grown your database we can suggest further communication ideas. Phone Michelle directly on 021 748 700