Why is high-quality photography so important?
- Fantastic images are great attention grabbers. People will spend more time on your website if they like what they see. They'll also be more likely to spread the word by sharing with their social networks online.
- Photographs are a way to connect on an emotional level. When audiences can identify with what they see, they'll be more likely to support your business.
- A professional appearance and accurate visual representation of products builds trust.
- Photographs help people imagine themselves using a product or service to improve their life.
- Strong images reflect a brand as dynamic and timeless.
- Human brains like information that can be processed quickly. Photographs are a perfect example of this so make them count.
Your corporate portrait gives clients a first impression of your business. An up-to-date, quality headshot is your personal billboard and gives a powerful positive message. It says a lot about you and how you do business. Don't damage your professional image or branding with an amateur headshot.
Tips for a great headshot
- Be your true professional self. You want your portrait to reflect the person your clients/customers see. Don’t try a new style of make-up or hair just for your headshot.
- Avoid loud graphic logo shirts, busy patterns or thin stripes.
- Be open with your photographer about anything you’re self-conscious of so that he/she can work around this.
- Instead of anxious chit-chat, take a few deep breaths to relax yourself.
- If you usually wear glasses, give them a good clean. If you aren’t going to wear them for your portrait, take them off a while before your sitting so that any red marks on your nose have time to disappear.
- Make eye contact with the camera as if it were a client.
Capture the true nature of your business with in-work shots. Get your message across and build trust with your audience by revealing some of the behind-the-scenes action. Stock photos may be good quality but they aren’t unique to your business. Plus there is always the risk of the same image being used by a competitor.
Top-quality product shots are crucial. Buyers faced with the choice of the same product from different sources will always go for the one that looks better. Cameras don’t see things the way the human eye does, often distorting size and colour among other things. Professional photographers will ensure your products are accurately represented.
Tricks of the trade
Slow-loading websites bogged down by enormous graphics are annoying to audiences who will invariably navigate away from a sluggish page. It’s important to have photographs that work on all platforms. Photographers are knowledgeable about sizing images and will supply variations for use on web, social media, email signatures, e-newsletters or print material.