New research highlights the difficulties traditional media groups have aligning the right audience with relevant marketing messages. The generalised nature of traditional demographics places people into age, gender and income stereotypes, driving media ratings and advertising costs.
This research is tracking new trends for users of online forums; they venture out of their safety zones and explore more opportunities through interests, communities and connecting ideas. Facebook promotions are perfect to target new customers and reconnect with existing ones.
Top five tips for successful social media posts:
- Posts should be engaging and varied. Include tips and advice, sale announcements, stock arrivals, what goes on behind the scenes, testimonials and links to your website, blog posts or e-newsletter.
- Post regularly, at least once a week, but don’t bombard your followers.
- Keep it short - news feeds can be crowded so people tend to scroll past long posts.
- Use images - photos and videos capture attention and are more likely to be commented on or shared.
- Stay positive. Online is not the place to be defensive or negative.
[button link="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"]Contact us to manage your social media[/button]