DAY 1: Improve your home page by making the images and copy very obvious and compelling, with a clear marketing message.
To get the most benefit from the time and money you invest in marketing, you need to make sure the right message is getting to the right people.
Start by thinking about who you want to attract and what those customers want to see and hear about you, not about what you want to say! Customers need to clearly understand what you do and see proof that shows you can be trusted to deliver on your promises.
If you come across any marketing jargon, and wonder what on earth we're talking about, we've created a helpful glossary for you!
Gain access to all our website challenge activities now!
DO YOU HAVE A CLEAR MARKETING MESSAGE?
George Stenitzer and Tripp Frohlichstein co-invented Message Maps to help keep your marketing message and brand communications consistent. See the original article for more information.
A message map helps you create a thorough plan with fresh ideas for new digital content, such as:
- Social media posts, advertising and competitions
- Website pages, lead generation and blog posts
- Email marketing to new and existing customers
Here's an example we did for Buzz Marketing.
Develop your own plan!
Download a blank template and create your own concise plan. Here are our tips to get you started:
- Start jotting ideas on a whiteboard or fill in using a pencil - you're not going to get it right first time!
- Use personal language - start sentences with "I, you, we, your, our", as though you are speaking to one person.
- Get someone else involved to bounce around ideas and avoid road block.
- Start with the easy stuff. Jot down all your ideas (no idea is bad!), then return to relook, rethink and rewrite.