DO YOU HAVE A CLEAR MARKETING MESSAGE?
George Stenitzer and Tripp Frohlichstein co-invented Message Maps to help keep your marketing message and brand communications consistent. See the original article for more information.
A message map helps you create a thorough plan with fresh ideas for new digital content, such as:
- Social media posts, advertising and competitions
- Website pages, lead generation and blog posts
- Email marketing to new and existing customers
Here's an example we did for Buzz Marketing.
Develop your own plan!
Download a blank template and create your own concise plan. Here are our tips to get you started:
- Start jotting ideas on a whiteboard or fill in using a pencil - you're not going to get it right first time!
- Use personal language - start sentences with "I, you, we, your, our", as though you are speaking to one person.
- Get someone else involved to bounce around ideas and avoid road block.
- Start with the easy stuff. Jot down all your ideas (no idea is bad!), then return to relook, rethink and rewrite.